This Christmas was even more special than the last one. With the help of our members, we gave 85 hampers across to 9 schools.
Special thanks to Everton Park High State School for their 35 contribution. We continue to raise the bar for the next year. 😊
Congratulations to The Stafford General Store team on their very well deserved NOW WOW! Award for their outstanding customer service and their genuine commitment to the local community.
Special shout-outs to Roy, Jake (from Super Pharmacy Plus who looks after The Stafford General Store), Harrison, Sarah and Sarah who have all organised many initiatives for the local community.
Their amazing community focus includes:
- A Friday Mums’ group who meet for coffee while waiting to see the child health nurse at the pharmacy.
- Providing work experience and barista training for Everton Park State High School students and people returning to work and needing new skills.
- A community library with books and puzzles for the community to collect.
- Introducing the ‘Aloha’ initiative and offering a free coffee to customers.
- Running with NOW Business Network’s Kindness Cart concept in March 2020 and hosting this cart for the community, contributing grocery items from their own tip jar / pockets when the cart runs low.
Well done to you all at The Stafford General Store – wonderful customer and community service!
Our thoughts are with you in lockdown. For many of us, lockdown isn’t an easy time. Between the practical and psychological challenges, we can suddenly find ourselves on a slippery slope to struggling. While we’re hoping we’re on top of this outbreak quickly, you might like to check out some tips from Donna Thistlethwaite for staying mentally healthy during lockdown. The content is also available in an instantly accessible webinar recorded in 2020 (linked in article). Take care and stay well.
Donna is happy to chat with anyone who is doing it tough at the moment on 0419 120 601 – offering a listening ear, support and referrals. No fee applies.
Stay safe everyone!
In light of the current COVID 19 circumstances in Queensland, unfortunately this event has now been cancelled. We encourage everyone to follow all safety measures and stay safe.
We are pleased to support the amazing Jay Larkins from Brisbane Paralympic Football Program.
You are making a massive difference, Jay – many thanks to you and your team.